View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
vendetta

Research says it take many repetitions to change a habit. Maybe I need to find a solid way to change my habits. I am a very o.c.d., habitual person. I do the same routine over and over.
also I think about work ALL the time. I think that may be pulling away from my focus on taking care of myself. it seems that I need to put in place a plan that changes my habits right after work. Someway to introduce myself to a new atmosphere. I have thought about volunteering at an animal shelter, but I looked some up online and it all seemed so sad. I thought that would be a negative atmosphere. But now I'm thinking that may be the passion to make me want to change my habits. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on that.

I also thought about checking in to rehab directly after work. But the stigma associated with that if a work colleague were to find out would not be acceptable.

What I would really love is to buy a trailer and a good tractor to help my father take care of things. I think helping him with all his responsibilities would really bring me peace. But he drinks alot as well and I'm not sure that's a good environment. Maybe that is more of an opportunity for me to get him to slack off too. If I approached it properly.

I guess what I'm saying is I understand all the excuses I make. I understand my multiple attempts to just stubborn my way out of it hasn't worked. How do I really make a plan. I don't mean a step by step process. Just honestly how do I start a plan.