View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Wholesome

MM that's why I think I need to get a second opinion. The surgeon I saw told me that it would be 4 months of bed ridden recovery followed by a few months of crutches then 6 months of physio.... so a year before I was fully mobile!! I said no. I simply can't have that kind of time off or ask my boyfriend to pick up all the slack for that long of a time.

But the surgeon wasn't talking about a knee replacement. He was saying that he would go into my knee and clean it all out, it's very swollen and they think I may have pieces of cartilage floating around in it that the MRI didn't pick up. And he would drill little holes in the bones to try to stimulate new cartilage to grow. It all sounds really gross and creepy to me. And frankly terrifying.

I just think there must be other options! I think because of my age they don't want to do a replacement yet until they have exhausted other approaches.

Purplenight I know!!! I'm super excited and I can't stop thinking about and rehearsing how I will do in my interview! I've been racking my brain thinking about examples of different situations that I handled at work. I'm going to nail the interview!!