Old 05-02-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BwanaWill

decision made - thanks sr friends

Dear SR friends, Wanted to let you all know that I have finally reached a decision regarding the move, give you a quick update of my situation and thanks you all for your advice that I've found a great source of comfort and guidance. My partner has been in the clinic for nearly 6 weeks now. What a difference, she is making such great progress, sober, acceptant and honest. I am so proud of her and am beginning to feel positive and excited about the future for the first time in over a year. We had our first family therapy session last week which went well. I didn't say anything that I've not been saying over and over for years regarding her drinking and the effect it has had on me but the difference was instead of recrimination and turning every thing back on me she sat there and agreed and was so acceptant and remorseful. We have reached a decision together regarding what we should do from here to enable the best chance of happiness and recovery for all of us. At the end of May my son and I will be moving south, back to my roots and closer to my family and she will be joining us 12 weeks later once her treatment in the clinic is complete. Found us a really nice new home in a village 6 miles from my mum, close to a primary school and potential work for myself. Excited but apprehensive, bit of a risk relocating my buisness but hope it will all work out fine and my partner can step back into her role as mother, provider and partner once she is ready. Any tips/advice regarding partners coming home after rehab would be useful at this stage as I realise this is only the start of her life of sobriety. Should alcohol ever pass her lips again she will be out, back on a train to her family. There's no way that destructive force will ruin everything again. Thanks again for being there when I really needed it x