View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Talz

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Hi Talz. Welcome to SR.

Beautiful city you hail from.
It really is.

It's interesting you bring that up, I've lived here for about going on four years, but it just feels like a blur. I haven't explored the area much at all because I'm always huddled in my apartment by myself, usually either drunk or hungover.

With the weather getting nicer, I guess that gives me an excuse to explore a bit more.

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
Hello and welcome. You've found a great place for support.
I hope it's your last hangover, too.
At the end of my drinking career, the hangovers couldn't even be called hangovers. They were a waking nightmare of fear, anxiety and remorse. A normal drinker wouldn't even recognize them as a hangover.

Just remember you never have to be hungover again as long as you don't take the first drink.
It took me many attempts to get sober. A good piece of my life wasted by either procurring drink, imbibing it or reovering from it.
If you do stop now, you will save yourself, because, believe me it does get worse.

Welcome aboard, and read and post away. Glad to have you here.
That's what happens I guess. It's not even fun anymore, it hasn't been for years. The guilt, regrets, and disorganization are killing me. I got no clean cloths, there's beer cans everywhere , I haven't shaved in weeks. You can tell an alcoholic lives here the second you walk in the door. Hell, one look at me and you can tell.

I've had serious depression, anxiety, and self-image problems since I was a little kid. I think the alcohol abuse started as an escape from all that; I could socialize since my inhibitions were lowered, I could feel relaxed and content. The irony is that now I'd say it actually fuels those problems more then anything.

I don't know how to do anything without it now; I can't even watch a movie without being wasted. It felt freeing at one time, now it feels like I'm in some prison locked away in my own head.

I can't sleep, can't seem to think about anything else.