View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Morning all,

So we now start day twenty six. The sun is coming out and the world is still at this time. A good time to focus the thoughts and "clear house" so to speak of this addled brain. Business first.

Physically I am fine. Slept like a baby. It is getting easier to drop off at will these days. Sleep is deep and refreshing. I still don't recall any dreams. I have no physical cravings for booze. The cheek numbness is sort of there this morning. Although I did not have a headache when I woke, it is starting to creep up on me. I will try to ride it out with water again. My body feels good. I need exercise. Hopefully the tilers get done today.

Mentally I am great. Nothing new here that I can add until I get back to work or some other confrontation takes place. I am sure though, that I am up to it. I have become a little lazy by pushing things out. Instead of just doing them now, push them to tomorrow. This is something that I am going to need to work on fairly urgently.

Emotionally I am better than last night, which is a plus. The L from HALT really caught me off guard. I suppose that after six years of companionship to no contact for God knows how long now would eventually catch up with me. I think that riding this through alone without a "support" group is going to be hard. It does get a little better everyday. I know it doesn't feel like it at the time, but that is why a journal us so important - we can go back in time and see where we were and compare it to now. I do know that my brain will reason this out and resolve it.

So, I am lying here in the bath composing this mornings entry. I need to go to the hardware and get a few fittings and pipe extensions. I added a dishwasher to my kitchen and now the drain hoses don't reach. I also need to split the water supply to the dishwasher and washing machine. I need some polly filler to fill up the holes from all the photos that I took down. The tile work is looking good. I have a sort of white/grey tile with light grey grout. It really has made the house more light filled. I bought so many spare tiles, that I have enough to do the outside patio. I am seriously considering this.

Once the tilers are done, the builders come back to paint and put cupboards back as well as additional cupboards. I think that then the house is done. The next task is that blasted garden. Aahh well, Rome was not built in a day.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB