View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
julesonya

Day 2 - Wow. This is the first day I have woken up not drunk. Yesterday was Day 1 so I still drank a bottle of wine the night before, but this is a great feeling. I did not sleep well. First the dreams. I haven't dreamt in a long time. Not that they were bad dreams, but not the best. Second, night sweats! Now I am used to these, I have always had a warm body and sweat a lot at night but last night was insane. I had to get up in the middle of the night and change my clothes. My sheets were soaked. I didn't have these on night one so I thought I was in the clear. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? When I had my normal night sweats my doctor recommended wearing dri-wick clothes to bed. And does anyone jerk awake? I had this happen a few times and wasn't sure if its just me or part of the process.

I ended the day with 3 beers from 5pm-11pm. (I am on the taper method) I only grab one when I feel bad withdrawal coming on. And to be honest, it didnt even taste good. I felt like I was drinking away empty calories.

Speaking of calories. This alcohol bender that I have been on the last 2 years I went from 132 to 165. And 132 wasn't skinny fat, it was fit fat. I hate that I have a belly now. I used to have abs and great legs, now its just fat and cellulite. So what did I do? Well I went to the gym- walked for an hour & then used the steam room for a bit. I am excited to do it again. I also ate well yesterday (2 meals which is big for me) & even kicked off today with breakfast. I was usually too drunk to have breakfast or I slept until 10 and it seemed pointless.

So in just 48 hours- a lot of progress. One question, does anyone take vitamins? I've read a lot that alcohol does something to your B vitamin and Glutamine & vitamin C intake. I already take milk thistle.