View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
nymets86

Hey DD. I've never been to AA, so nothing to compare it to. I think I've had a bit of the opposite reaction and feel much better posting here on the daily threads than the newcomers.....the newcomers is very fast paced and the regularity here helps me.

With that said, I'm real struggling mentally today. Debating telling my brother about my attempt at getting sober. Currently at the airport now heading to meet up with him for the weekend. I feel incredibly confident in my ability to not drink this weekend, but am having a tough time with the bachelor party in a few weeks.

I have played the tape through and know that I can't drink at the bachelor party, but staying sober through the whole thing scares me too.

Last night I was planning a nice sober night at home, but last minute something popped up at work and I wound up going to a bar. I did the club soda routine and said I wasn't drinking cuz of my allergies, but it took a lot out of me mentally. I feel like I'm punishing myself, but the reality is it's great not having hangovers and even better not futily attempting to remember what happened in a blackout.