Old 05-01-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Ruby2

K, sounds like a good plan for the day. I think a three day weekend is in my future. I need a break. Always, always laundry. And now with warmer weather, gardening. Della. Need a side job for today? I have to rake and turn dirt so I can be ready for planting.

Gilmer, thank you for the laugh. "I'm old." Certainly got a chuckle out of me. That's why I love you guys. Sanity in the midst of madness.

Formeforthem, tell the little voice to SHUT UP! No thank you! Or in the words of one of my favorite alcoholic bloggers in recovery "NOT TODAY, SATAN!"

Children launched off to school safely. Now I just have to get me ready which, since I start posting here, sometimes is a rush job.

Bernie, enjoy the cabin. I wish you lovely weather! But how can you leave the lovely new kitchen?

Marathon, congratulations on 27 days. Remember it's not a race. Enjoy the scenery along the way. Man. Got me thinking about how I was so focussed on getting drunk I was so completely blind to everything around me. Then I was in a race to count sober days and was still missing what was going on around me. When I slowed down (for me, a fast walk) things got so much better.

Okay, time to put my game face on. I'm cautiously optimistic that the fact that Mr. Ruby is now pointing out what's wrong with my program of sobriety means he's putting some thought into his own. Whatever works for him. And remember, your recovery plan may not look like someone else's plan but so long as you tweak it, incorporate suggestions from like minded people and STICK WITH IT, you will do just fine.

So, until later!