View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Morning all,

Well it is the start of day twenty five for me. Another bright sunny day looms outside. The birds are singing and preparing for their migration. In a way, I wish I could go too. First Oder of the day - the business end of things.

Physically I am fine. I slept like a baby. I did wake a few times during the night for water and bathroom calls. I had no trouble going back to sleep. I had a slight headache when I woke, but it is fading. I am testing my theory on water today. The cheek numbness is there. My body feels a bit restless. I am sure this is due to lack of exercise and being stuck in this house with the builders. It is a small price to pay for getting things done. I am starved and contemplating a quick breakfast before the tilers arrive. Probably a good idea.

Mentally, well, I am not sure. Nothing much has changed since last night. I do find that I am becoming more inquisitive about stuff. So I am taking that as a good sign.

Emotionally I feel good. Other than fleeting twinges so far there have been no monumental self pity sessions. I think this is going to continue for a while.

Today is a public holiday here in SA. I am not sure which one and I am not sure that I really care about finding out. All in all I feel good for where I am in my recovery. I don't really have anything to gauge it against. I feel a little restless at the moment. Almost impatient. I just want to get the ball rolling and get on with it. I know I should guard against this. I should rather just live in the now. Too much, too soon, without proper rational thought is a recipe for disaster. Today is one of those days that I am going to actively have to remind myself to stop and smell the roses. Take time out, me time.

The tiling is coming along splendidly. I am very impressed. Somehow these physical changes actually imbue a sense of pride and well being within this lump of coal that is my heart. I am impatient and want them to finish, but I know that good things come to those that wait. So I will bite my tongue, take deep breathes and wait for the finished product.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB