View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
julesonya

My journey begins

This is more for me to be held accountable for my actions and my progress. I truly appreciate everyone's support on this forum, it really helps. But like Z said, sometimes its nice to go back and remember how this all began and what it felt like going through detox, so the next time I think I should get black out drunk I have my journey in a place where once I log in I will have support to NOT drink.

Yesterday was Day 1. I had my last drink on Tuesday night at 9pm. By 2pm I was sweating a lot. Ive always been a sweat-er, I am always warm, so I guess before I never associated my drinking/lack of drinking with sweating.

I hopped on this forum asking for withdrawal advice, I dont have time to go to a doctor so I am going to taper. I am one of those people that has to go in baby steps. Plus I spent too much time on the internet freaking myself out over withdrawal symptoms.

I had a beer at 6:30 and didn't finish it until 8. Went to bed and thats when the rash broke out. I have had this happen before after 24 hrs without alcohol. I tossed and turned for about 2 more hours. I took some melatonin, had one more beer. Fell asleep for about 30 minutes but had some bad dreams so I was up again from 1-4. Then slept on and off until 8. I can deal with insomnia, I have dealt with it all my life.

This is a big success for me- I was drinking almost an entire box of wine in a night. Then waking up a starting all over with another box by 9am.

I am happy to report I havent had a drink today. Its almost noon where I am. My rash has somewhat subsided, but I took some benadryl so i dont know if that helped. Small victories