Thread: Wow....6 months
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT0626
I will NOT drink to that!

Wink Wow....6 months

2 days ago marked my 6 month anniversary of being alcohol free. I feel more in control & the dark depression I had has lifted.

Where am I now? Well, still married to an active alcoholic. My husband shows no signs of stopping any time soon. So I have detached from him a bit & do not allow his drinking to affect me. I carry on about my day & totally ignore his drinking. When I stopped worrying about his drinking, I was able to direct more focus on me.

I must admit that I think one of the main things that have kept me sober is vanity. I have dropped 27lbs, am working out again, got a new hair cut, & I feel/look good! I look at pictures of myself when I was drinking & all I can say is "Ewww!". My self esteem has sky rocketed & at 38 years old, I can honestly say I can give some of these young chicks a run for their money. LOL!

Don't get me wrong, I have been dealt some blows since I quit drinking. One of them being that my (not paid off car) needs a new transmission. When I got the news of that yesterday, I seriously wanted to drown my sorrows. Instead, I hopped on the treadmill & ran for 30 minutes. I excercised my power of choice & that's what sobriety has been for me....making BETTER choices.

Have a great day, everyone!