View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
I stated reading through some of that link earlier today, Dee. I think it's going to be a great resource. So far, my plan is outpatient starting next week, I'm going to try a Celebrate Recovery group, I'm going to post here daily, I'm busting out a mindful meditations DVD that I just purchased, and I'm hitting an AA breakfast on Sunday. Right now, that's about as far into the future as I can think, although I did also get the number for a crises line that I can call 24 hours a day, and for a change, I'm not afraid to use it. ANYTHING to not drink, even if some people wouldn't call that a crises. It would be for me. I go to another support group on Wednesdays, and I bring my kids to their own group at the same time. They talked about me drinking this week during group and the counselor pulled me aside after the regular groups to talk to me about it, because she needed to determine if it warranted being reported. My dream could have literally come to fruition. I was hysterical. I couldn't talk to my kids, I felt like I was dying. She's not calling, thank God. But that was enough, if I didn't feel emphatically about it before. My worst nightmare was staring me in the face, all because of my actions.
Hey NE, you have dodged another bullet. When you feel like a drink when the craving comes, hold onto the last paragraph in your post.