View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
amandamarie

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
His authority is very important in her life, too. It is important for parents to retain a united front as far as discipline is concerned. I don't think you should countermand him unless actual cruelty is involved, especially if he gets more respect from her with his methods.
My mother always says keep a united front even if you do not agree do not let her see that she can make you argue. I have to agree with that for the reason that she is pretty smart, and if I let her see she can manipulate us I think she will do it every time she gets mad at one of us. My mother actually leans more towards his punishments, because they are effective. He watched Supernanny to figure out what to do when she is bad (corny I know) and he follows through to the "T' He can put her in the corner, and just ignore all of the mean things she says, while I get upset and have to go in the other room to cry. Or she will scream for me, and I will answer while he will ignore her until she talks appropriately to him.