Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
site1Q84

Day 1

Although I'm still hungover from Monday night/Tuesday morning. It was a rough one but it really made me take a look. I somehow stumbled on this site while looking for stories of terrible things other people did while drunk to make myself feel better, and thought maybe it's finally just time to stop.

I've never thought of myself as an alcoholic because I don't drink everyday, but I've always drank a lot. I was told I'm a problem drinker, but it seems just as bad to me! I've spent years drinking until I black out, drinking by myself and doing all sorts of things I regret and would never do sober. As soon as the hangover wears off I'm back at it. I've been pretty good the last few months but every once in a while it just gets really out of hand for a night or two, and I'm sick of it.

Anyways great to have some people who have been through the same thing and some support on here! I've done a few AA meetings before, but they just don't seem for me, but having some accountability (even if it's so strangers online!) seems like a helpful tool...