Old 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Drummer5000 View Post
Reasons I want to quit.

My marriage hurts when I drink.

I am sure it is hurting my health.

I am convicted by the Holy Spirit to quit, and cannot stand before God when I drink.

I am studying to be a pastor at a seminary.

So... How do I start. Things I've tried

I told my wife I had snuck alcohol and she got pretty mad. I have told her before that I was trying to quit and at this point she is losing hope in me. She is pretty sick of dealing with it at all.

I have a good friend who can keep me accountable and has been, but it doesn't really help a ton.

I've never done AA or anything like it but may consider it, although I am incredibly busy with studies. Help me!
Welcome, glad you're here!I

I have a friend in AA who is a pastor. He had completed seminary and did a couple tours in Afghanistan as well. All that was before he found AA - Without this guy I doubt I would be sober today. He got me through my first few months with daily visits / coffee and talk.

My friend is approaching two years sobriety - I am at almost a year.
We have supported each other - sobriety allowed me to finish a degree started many, many years ago. My friend was so inspired he started PHD work.

Today I read in Oswald Chambers about gracious uncertainty. Without knowing what will happen, we have faith in His grace.......
My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Sobriety changes everything - you can help so many with your pastoral completion. AA will be a blessing for you and those that God puts in your path, I am sure. So many need your guidance.

Peace be with us all on our journey's. Hope you find your way.
God could and would if He were sought.........