View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amandamarie

Am I enabling my child's bad behavior?

Hi. I do not know if I am posting in the wrong area, but I just want an opinion. I have a soon to be 7 year old daughter. I had lost her when she was 8 months old until October of 2014, but I always saw her. Now I have her back my family and boyfriend say I am spoiling her, and being to easy on her. I will admit at times I go overboard with buying toys, but I just feel guilty and want to make up for the times that I could not buy her things. I also do not want her to be an entitled brat either though.
But anyway, her birthday is tomorrow, and we had a party scheduled for Friday at Chuck e Cheese. I bought the presents so my boyfriend had paid for the party, and now says she doesn't deserve to go. I thought it was a fair compromise to change the party to 5/15 to give her a chance to be good so she could still go. My sister (who had her when I lost her) had promised my daughter, and her son Chuck e Cheese for years now. I do not want to take the party from either of them. Especially him being he did nothing wrong. I mean why should he suffer. Plus I feel like all young children have "fits" and their is a more appropriate punishment. I wanted to take her laptop for a month, but my boyfriend thinks I should not even give her the bike and things I bought her. I do want her to act better, and since she has moved here she has improved, but occasionally her little monster comes out and she screams, kicks, tells me she hates me, and just goes nuts for hours at times. Should I cancel the party all together? Just want advice/opinions from other parents. Thank you for reading, and any input is helpful.