View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

It took me all morning to read your thread, and I loved every word. You are an inspiration.

"So what is the next goal? How many more days? When can I have a little test to see if I can control it? I don't know the answers to these questions. I do know that I cannot control it now. So for now I cannot have that first drink. Will I ever be able to control it? I don't know. As long as I don't know, I cannot have that first drink. " - Zab, day 21

This struck home to me too! I will always remember that as long as I don't know I cannot have that first drink.

I have been monitoring my w/d symptoms this time around, and it's pretty amazing how quickly the body recovers. The last time I quit (in February I think) I never even noticed of the symptoms. Either because I never had w/d symptoms before and just felt them this time around due to the ridiculous amounts of alcohol I was drinking, or the fact that I didn't take my quitting seriously back then. Who knows? I feel way better today after sleeping like a baby all night for the first time in forever!