Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Thank you Boozer, Wolf, Betha, Shoot, Boylan, Incontrol, Hawkeye, and everyone for your thanks and posts yesterday. It just occurred to me that I've successfully done this before. Quit, that is. Not booze. Cocaine. I think it was either George Carlin or Robin Williams who said something like this: "People ask me if I do cocaine. Yes, I tell them. Sometimes I'm a bit down so I do a little coke, and then I feel like a new man. Only problem is the new man wants more cocaine." I always wanted more cocaine. It was the Studio 54 Era and the stuff was everywhere. I mean everywhere. I decided this was getting out of hand so I fled to another city, 1000 miles away, just to escape opportunity and temptation. Within two hours (!) after my arrival, in a city where I knew absolutely no one, I was in full Hoover mode, snorting up lines. Since my escape plan didn't work I returned to my home city where I just kept doing the same. Then one day (I couldn't tell you the day, or even the year). I decided to quit. And I did. And until this post I hadn't even thought about cocaine for years. I wonder if it will ever get that way with alcohol, that I don't even think about it?
Congratulations with day eleven dude. I don't know if it will get that way with the thoughts, but I suspect it will. Hell, I hadn't thought about drugs in years, booze is just another form, or so I keep telling myself. Keep on keeping on mate.