Old 04-29-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
gettingsmarter

Hey Cambie,

My husband is supportive and understands that I do not want to drink. It has been a huge adjustment for him though. I’m the one with the problem. He can drink a couple a night and be done with it and I am ok with that. I just can’t. 1 or 2 for me leads to the whole bottle and waking up with horrible anxiety that lasts for nearly a week.

Any way, he forgets sometimes. It has been a huge change for both of us. I know he misses me drinking with him. The adjustment is going to take time. He asks me a lot , “Are you Ok?” I’m great, he has just been used to me being under the influence and not having any real emotions for the last 12 years. He wasn’t the one who would quietly cry every day to himself because he felt so crappy all the time. Give him some time. I think with time as you heal he will start to see that it’s a lot better that you are not drunk all the time.

It’s kind of a shock to my man now that I actually clean the house and do dishes and like it on top of that. Hang in there Cambie.