View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
9975texan

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
I see you are in Texas, if you are a Christian it might also be worth checking Celebrate Recovery. It s a Christian based 12 step program. I ve never went (not a Christian) but some members on SR go and like it. I think they have a big meeting and people meet in smaller groups.
They have lots of meetings in Texas and I don't think they sign court slips and even if they did, most court mandated people go to AA because it is the most common support group
Just some insight on Celebrate Recovery. I have been in and out of the program for 5 years when I hit bottom a little over two months ago - due to a DUI.
Anyway, I am in a step study and attend large group meetings weekly - it's truly been amazing. The love and support I receive is awesome. Your husband is always welcome to attend with you - they offer support for him as well.
Usually a meeting starts with worship, a lesson or testimony and then we break out in small groups - gender specific for issues - chemical addition, food addictions, etc. Afterwards there is a social time to meet others.
By the grace of God, I am a little over 60 days sober. This program has been life changing for me and will not only save my marriage and my family. It will save my life.
Praying for you. Your story sounds like mine. My problem was binge drinking with wine. You can do this!!! One day at a time...