View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LBrain

Where are you going?

As we go through our daily lives, do we often wonder, "Is this all there is? Are we chasing after nothing? Are we just ants doing the same thing day after day with no way out of our seemingly boxed in life?"

I was like that when I was getting drunk daily. I didn't aspire to be anything except ready for the next day. The problem with that is no preparation was required because it was the same thing day after day.

Get through the day so I could drink as soon as I got home, or if I didn't have to go to work, head straight for the garage where I kept my beer and vodka. It is sad to report that when I stopped for a case of beer on the way home, I'd be on my second one by the time I arrived home - 3 miles away. Amazingly sad when I think about it.

It doesn't have to be like that any more. Once your head is clear from the daily routine of drinking you can now focus on living YOUR life. Do the things YOU want to do. Sure it takes a little effort to remove yourself from the daily grind. You have to be able to separate yourself from the necessary things we must do survive and make room for the things we enjoy. It can be done. Train yourself to start enjoying life. Live life rather than just exist. So many of us just exist. Time to get away from that. No more living inside that box, no more being just another ant in the line marching along...

As you work your way through the middle of the week, don't become burdened by the thought that you are just a hamster in a wheel. Start planning for yourself. Be who you want to be. You don't have to be a slave to the drink - you're not. And now that you are free, use your freedom. Don't just exist. Live!
Happy Hump Day!