View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

I've known several gay people with 20 year + relationships .

I certainly think me and mex-m8 are best friends as well as lovers . 18 months and i feel closer to him now than at the start .

Both of us were very content with being single so the only reason for being together was to be greater than the sum of ourselves .

For myself i think having separate finances is cool and wouldn't consider mixing them . I've gambled in the past with my discretionary spend, so i think it's good for him to keep himself separate from me . Especially if i ever started drinking again … I'd like him to feel free to leave any time he likes and that he has the means to do that without too much complication .

Sobriety has taught me you just don't know whats round the corner if you keep sober, glory in and try and make the best of each day .

If me and mex-m8 split up good luck to him, we had fun , my life would still be glorious, fun and sober i hope .

I dunno how long you've all been sober for but maybe there is more than we know in this world than we can appreciate from where we are in our journeys ..
Keep on .

Take care , m