Thread: Secrets
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Lol, LB.

FreeOwl, when I first considered a confession (which, indeed can be good or can go terribly badly) I thought I'd go to Vegas, find some old-timer in the program, do a Fifth Step and be done with it. There are lots of nice places to go down there, I could buy him/her a nice dinner. Plus an old timer in Vegas has heard everything, right? I'd probably get a disappointed, "That's it?"

Then I decided not to do it. At. All.

Not every little nook and cranny has to be investigated and fleshed out all the way back to the cradle. People do dumb stuff. They get over it and then go and do other dumb stuff. The trick is to try to diminish the number of new dumb stuff.
nope... not every little thing.

And indeed, I have done some self-designed rituals, some self-forgiveness, some speaking with Spirit.... all of which have helped me set some things down that held me back.

Yet there are some of those things that persist. So, for me, I am called to see whether sharing those things with a real live actual human being might not help.

Part of my core wounds are about not feeling 'good enough', carrying shame, carrying self-defeating beliefs - and some of that comes from things I've done that I think may be made lighter and loosen the grip on me that they have just by sharing with a human. Because we're all human, we all make mistakes and we all do dumb things. Being seen and heard by a human, as a human, has a certain power to it. For me, I'm willing to see whether that power will bring some further growth and freedom.