View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I have kids too and no matter how well I'm doing or they are doing there is always this feeling and this guilt that I could be doing more or maybe I haven't done enough.... this constant never ending feeling like I should be more involved, more successful, have a bigger better cleaner house, they should have more friends, more activities, a better diet, etc etc.

I think all moms have these fears. However us moms who drink have different fears. What did I say last night? How will I fit in with the other moms who have no idea that I drink and they CAN NEVER KNOW! I forgot about ....... activity or I'm too drunk/ hungover for ..... activity. Maybe my child needed me in a moment and I was not there for them because I was too busy in my addiction.

We can look at other parents who don't drink but are workaholics or over eaters or narcissists or ..... whatever.

And then ask ourselves no matter what our shortcomings are. Did and do we love our children and do the best we could?

I know that I may not have always been the best person and mother I could be but even if I didn't do it all right, I certainly didn't do it all wrong! I did most of it right.