View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

As always, thank you, Soberwolf.

Head has been pounding today but I've been more productive.

However, did have a moment. I was searching through the fridge for a specific sauce. I cook A LOT and so my fridge is mainly full of condiments and seasonings. Anyway, I stumble across a bottle of tequila and 4Loko that I didn't buy. They had been left from the last time I had company over.

I stared at it for a second and then dumped it and removed the containers. It was gone. I then went straight to my plan. I read posts, I did Urge surfing, I chatted and stated what had happened. Then I ran errands, mowed the lawn, and had some conversations that made me laugh. The urge was gone quickly.

The AV did her bit "Oh, you can drink again one day"

I did my bit "Yeah, no, I am 100% abstinent. Nothing in between"

Her bit blah blah

But the urge is gone. I'm ready for counseling. My craving for a cigarette is actually the strongest thing tonight but I'm also practiced urge surfing with that and also reminded myself that I am a runner again and I run better as a non-smoker.

Anyway, the AV is more of a whisper. I am, however, aware that it's going to be the next day or two that I'll need to fully work my plan. But I have it ready to go.

So, overall, I'm good. My head is pounding like a beast but I have found that sitting back, relaxing and some ibuprofen is helping.

So, another 24 hours. It feels nice to go to the Daily Support Thread and sign up again. Real nice. I'm closing in on my 5th day. I like that. I really do.