Thread: To Marry or Not
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RadMan

To Marry or Not

I am a newcomer to the Recovery Forum. I have been in a committed relationship with an alcoholic female, 20 years younger. We have been seeing each other for 20 months. After 13 months of roller coaster relationship she admitted she is an alcoholic since the age of 13, now 34. She has been a binge drinker. She initiated recovery and has been sober for the last 7 months. She constantly brings up marriage in spite of telling me that she hates herself and reverting to name calling when things do not go her way. I love her dearly, and have seriously considered taking the plunge. But after the last verbal berating she leveled on me, I feel marriage is not wise and I certainly do not feel a coerced proposal is a positive step to future marriage. Am I naive for even considering to marry a recovering alcoholic who has only been sober for 7 months after a +20 year addiction? She says he is a Godly women and I am the one positive in her life, except for her children, that she can control. So this past weekend she ended our relationship until I decide to come to her on bended knee. Scared to death!