Thread: Broken Heart
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
firebolt

I'm so sorry. I have a friend that is FINALLY exiting a very very bad and physically abusive relationship. She used to call often, to tell me that things were "bad." I would try to push her into getting out - yeah, codie all over the place.

Finally, and in part due to SR, I set unspoken boundaries.
I decided that if I ever even hear about an instance of abuse, I will call the police and child services (CPS has been called before - they are SUPER helpful *sarcasm* - the kids have been in this situation for 7 years now....) She quit calling me after realizing I was OVER IT.

I reached out to her a few times over the years "when you are ready to go, I will move heaven and earth to help you do it." She is finally ready - I think - we are moving her this weekend, protective order is in place. I hope your friend gets to that place SOON.

My only advice is to keep doing what you are doing. Support and love from a distance. You don't have to be any where near that D-bag. You could remind her that you are there - and will do anything you can when she is ready to have a better life for herself.

Sorry - it just sucks watching your friend let someone hurt them.