Thread: Secrets
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
LBrain

Secrets, privacy, Tell a sponsor? I had a post removed because of my honesty so I will ignore the tell a sponsor remark...
I think someone else already addressed it anyway.

I agree with Melinda.

The thing is people. EVERYONE has secrets. Not just 'alcoholics' or addicts. And it seems their secrets do not 'cause' them to drink. Their character defects, as so defined, are just that.
And yes, doctors, lawyers and candlestick makers will 'share' secrets about their clients.

Here is a true story. Years ago I think it was t-giving dinner or xmas, my brother leaned close to me and said I want to tell you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone else. I said if I can't tell anyone else then I don't want to hear it - true. He got mad at me and then I again explained it to him that if it was a "secret" then it was a secret to me and should remain a secret. That's why they call them secrets. He was amazed at my attitude and that I was indignant about it. But that's just me.

The only "person" you should tell a secret to is your dog. Sit down with a dog and tell him all your secrets. He'll listen and won't be judgmental at all. And I guarantee he won't tell another soul. If you don't have a dog, borrow one. I don't trust cats so using a cat is entirely up to you.