View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Change4good

Lice. Yes, that happened

Yesterday morning at the breakfast table, my daughter again complained of an itchy scalp. We kept telling her it was dry, as we over shampoo daily since we got the notice that lice were in her class.

Seems lice love shiny clean hair. She came over, I inspected it, and indeed, saw critters in her hair. I had never seen them, and went ashen. My husband was preparing for a golf trip, and I dashed out the door to buy the necessary de-lousing gear. 90.42 dollars later, I worked on all of us. Washed eight loads of laundry, vacuumed all upholstery, quarantined twenty some odd stuffed animals, bleached pretty much everything. Then went again to the task of steel combing her hair half inch by half inch.

And it wasn't horrible, because I was sober. I am finally treating mental health issues appropriately. There was morbid humor instead of hungover panic. I saw my husband off, and handled this trial of parenthood with the tribulation of managing things correctly. Lousy life on life's terms.

Just wanted to share. It is a good morning. Kids are asleep in freshly washed beds, all clothes are laundered and folded, breakfast is already made, and I am sharing with my favorite (albeit faceless) crowd of people.

Make it a good day friends.