Thread: I am busted!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

When I joined here back in 2010 and I was thinking about stopping drinking I was terrified of my guy glancing over my shoulder, or even worse, leaving the browser open. Why was I so scared? Because I didn't want anyone to see it. The reason was that I wanted the option to start drinking again whenever I wanted, casually without any questions, just as easy as "hey, would you pick up some wine while you're out." I have always known that once my guy, family, or friends knew about it I would then have to stop. I continued four more years of sneaking on here, minimizing the browsing window when he even walked in the room, and not saying a peep about actually stopping. Once I actually drove home on my lunch break to see if I had left the browser open. I was sure that I had but it turned out I didn't. He was home that day and boy was my heart racing on that ten minute drive home.

I was on the sly here at SR for four years. I also drank for four more years.

Last June when I knew in my heart and soul that I was done drinking I became less secretive. I'm still very quiet about it but by chance he has peeked over my shoulder a few times and I finally said I just go on here and read sometimes.

I'm not saying we all need to announce to everyone that we're on here. In fact, I would be horrified if friends or family came in here and browsed my posts. Just as I would be horrified if they read my journal. However, if he did, I'd get over it. This is my space and I just prefer to keep it private.