View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

It's been a quiet day. I have been feeling a bit off but that's okay. Everyone has those days and I'm not going to drink over it.

Tonight, I'm going to relax and finish "To Kill A Mockingbird" It's been a beautiful read and I'm curious how it ends. I'll find out tonight. I also realize I need to get back into meditating more. It really does help center me.

A thought I had last night regarding sobriety and meditation is that they go together so well because it keeps me present. If I think too much on my past, I feel depressed and that leads to relapse. If I focus too much on the future, I feel so overwhelmed. When I am mindful, I am present. Just this one moment is all that matters. It keeps me sane, sober, and in a good place.

I was also thinking about shame. I have so much. Almost all of it is related to alcohol. It's an easy problem to fix: remove the thing that is causing the pain. It's like my mom would say to me when I said "My hand hurts if i move it this way" She would respond "Don't move it that way, then"

Happy Sunday, friends.