Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

HAF - great point about losing so much of those weekends to hangovers. I had a bad night's sleep (drank coffee in the evening) and woke up at 2.30am. Tossed and turned, got up for a while, etc. This morning I feel exhausted. BUT: no big deal. I can rest, take it easy, and do some things later in the day.

Back during my drinking days, I'd awake on Sunday mornings feeling a mess. I'd start regretting many things I'd done over the past couple nights, and start having anxiety about how to fix them. I'd also have never completed any of the big projects I had planned - instead my weekend would disappear in a drunken flash. Plus, I'd have the "Sunday Dread" of going to work the next day. Today, I'm merely just tired. Big deal!

Lots of gardening and organizing on the roof yesterday. I should be able to complete the project today if I head back to the nursery. Why don't I do it all at once? Trust me, this is the kind of project you have to do in chunks. The size of these potted plants are huge, there's a lot of dirt and a lot of cleanup. I added four new species yesterday and that was enough. Plus it's HOT outside. Best taken step-by-step, one project at a time. Seems to work for me in many ways!

Thoughts with those in Nepal. Having been through a few earthquakes down here I can only imagine the chaos if that type of destruction would follow city-wide.