Old 04-26-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

The realizization that sobriety is work and there is no magic cure

I asked someone the secret to their sobriety once, and they said Jeremy you wake up and don't drink. You commit everyday to sobriety, you look at each day as a gift, you be thankful for the things you have and the chances you're given, and you forgive yourself and move on.

Thats just it, I can't drink. I won't drink, its funny the secret is you don't consume the beverage you dig in, get a plan, work the plan and no matter you don't drink. Its work......

I've come to this realization after numerous relapses and many failed attempts at doing this, there is no magic wand, no fairy dust, nobody is going to be able to stop me, even the best methods can't help if you won't except them. No advice will save you if you don't want to save you.

This is a real revelation, I feel like I am still on the other side, I want to cross this bridge and find a new place in life. The work scares me, it scares me because it means finding new ways to live. Finding ways of dealing with life that are happy, finding ways to be a new person.

I've been talking to my wife 2 complete months sober now, and she told me you know Jeremy, I don't like this, I miss drinking, but I feel better about me, I feel like I am in control and wouldn't trade that for anything. She wants to put things back together, and sadly I think I am disappointing her.

But I think I know the miracle now, I think I have the cure, I think I finally get it, the secret is I don't drink today. Crazy, its that easy, minute by minute, hour by hour, second by second whatever I don't drink...

Thank you all, I am posting a lot, but really having a rough go of it all and thank you all for your support, I am quite the insomniac right now, haha passing the hours away in the night with music and reading the threads.