View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CarmenLove

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
First off this is only going to hurt you forever if you allow it and ya don't have to let that happen.
Of course he hasn't said I'm sorry. Do you have expectations there?
ok, who allowed you to be taken victim of his disease? Who allowed you to be out in danger,lied to,cheated on,manipulated, and abandoned? We're there chains around your ankles?
Yup, that there may read pretty harsh, but the sooner ya get into the solution the sooner the problems go away and one of the things your gonna have to do is accept accountability for your actions then and responsibility for your actions, healing, and recovery today.
And the sooner ya get kikin on that the sooner youll stop feeling its gonna hurt ya forever.
Bt if ya don't start working on you .....Welp, ya just may find yourself in another relationship just like this one or worse down the road.

Accepting accountability for my past actions was a blessing for me.
Gave me a little more freedom and peace.
Yes, this is what I have been coming to today. It's a hard pill to swallow, so to speak.

I am SO angry right now. However no-one dragged me. And if I look back there WERE signs, red flags - I just chose not to see or give them enough heed.

When you are close to addiction it can do strange things to your mind and make it hard to see clearly (I am speaking about the families of the addicts here) and so it can be hard to break out of... however ultimately we have to all take responsibility for ourselves, after all isn't that what we wish the addict would do?