View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Originally Posted by jesslexus View Post
So I've managed it to day 2 but all I want to do is sleep and eat difficult being a single mum and running a business but where has this temper come from I can't believe how angry I feel I have a sore throat from all the shouting I'm going to buy my daughter some ear plugs lol is this normal?????
CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO DAY 2!!!

What you're going through is absolutely normal!! I bet nearly 100% of us here have experienced it.

Expect the dragon inside you to be a big baby today. Treat it like one. When your baby saw something it wanted and you said NO, your daughter may have been known to throw a tantrum or two, right?

There's a few ways to address it. The one that I always wanted to do was beat some sense into my kids and let em know every time they throw a tantrum like that, they can expect more. But, that wouldn't be too healthy. lol. Not an option for the dragon either.

You can ignore it. Sure you'll hear it, but don't acknowledge it. You can move on with something. Make yourself busy physically or in mind, like reading. Researching alcoholism and sobriety is good. Can be a hot romance novel. Doesn't matter. Ignore it. It'll tire out on it's own.

You can attempt to reason with it. It may strengthen your belief in your decision and probably will reaffirm just how immature it is when it wont listen to reason.

It wont be easy. Tantrums will still upset you. The more you deal with them, the easier they are to handle. And before you know it, they learn that tantrums don't get the results they are looking for.

You've probably read it a hundred times....It'll get easier.
You may not believe it. But it DOES and it happens before you know it. Just know that every time you give in to the tantrum, the more you are reinforcing it's behavior.

Spend your time researching how to deal with that emotion then start practicing what you learn. Not all tricks will work. It may take a few attempts to find what does. We're all different. But the simple process of researching is reaffirming YOUR mind that YOU are taking steps to solve a problem. You quickly teach your subconscious: you have a problem to deal with and there are solutions.

You'll be in a spot very soon where you'll look back in disbelief. You'll be strong, proud, happy, and successful!