View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
LBrain

I was on my way to the car wash...

Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slow down girlfriend.

I know you are excited as you should be. But you are all over the map right now. You sound like a first year student already preparing for their doctoral thesis at the moment.

Sorry

Focus on some little things at the moment. Baby steps as they say.

Pick out things that are essential at the moment and build on them.

Dating may be a trigger. Really? I think if you break it down there is 'something' associated with 'dating' that is a stressor for you. Not necessarily 'dating' as a whole. Find out what it is. But don't make it a priority right now. Eventually when you get some solid sober time you will be able to address things that have been a struggle for you in the past. It is possible they may miraculously disappear. Who knows. Just don't stretch yourself too thin at the moment.
Baby steps. Slow down.
I think of a man who was wheel chair bound for 20 years and suddenly can walk again. He's not ready to run the Boston Marathon next week. Hope you understand my comments. I just don't want you to loose focus on the important stuff right now.

And yes, I understand that dating has been put on hold. Just take a step back and see what you have posted over the past week. that's all.