View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Dee - if your still reading? Yes, I am making use of a recovery plan. Its one of the first important things i picked up from visiting this site - the immediate need of 'a plan'... So, I meditate, also been on retreat twice in these past weeks, eating better, exercising, have a therapist, keeping quite busy, and of course working a lot of hours assisting others' get well... I believe its because i am using a recovery plan that I havnt drank any alcohol for 70 days after most of my life drinking; for the past 6/7 years - mostly nightly drinking. Not tons in quantity, but always enough to numb/get me through. So a plan, has been the backbone of getting me through these intial 10 weeks...until last night. Being realistic, I suppose one night drinking was probably inevitable after such a history. What's important now is not continuing to drink.

What's missing from my plan...are people...I cannot just manufacture relationship. So...at times (not always) I am feeling chronically alone (because I am) and of course the alcohol in the past - over a lifetime has helped pacify some of this. Helped keep me going to be at least of tremendous use to others...that at least is something I don't imagine...
yep, still reading

I hope you'll think about some of the suggestions I made before for face to face contact. I also think you;d get a lot out of being a regular contributor to a monthly thread...there's a lot of support that goes on in those threads...

it may not be face to face but the relationships formed are tangible and they do help

even tho April is nearly over we don't disqualify anyone from joining

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-3.html

D