Old 04-25-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
MesaMan

From The Who compilation 'Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy' that Weasel alludes to - and includes this Tune - here's 'Substitute' done live. Substitute that Refreshment de Jour for Alcohol, Sports Fans, and power through this Weekend in a state that allows you to remember it! If I'm gonna regret something in the morning, I've got better Scenarios to fantasize about than being Hungover!

Pouncer ~ The Social bit gets better. Exhibit A: I got a Chicken Wing Cookoff to go to this evening, with plenty of Drunks in attendance. However, there are some Sober Rovers there, so I balance my Face Time between those of varying BACs. I got my Strategies all thought through in advance, and there's simply zero.dot.zero chance of me caving and Drinking. Homie don't play that no mo. For me, not feeling 'stuck' in a situation, or put upon against my Will, is critical. I simply don't allow that to happen. To do so causes me to kick myself later, and I refuse to live that way anymore. That POV is empowering right there, and is an 'accomplished' part of Sobriety you wind up feeling good about.

We're easing into Saturday Morning here. Ya just can't rush some things...

'No one takes advantage of you without your permission' ~ Columnist Ann Landers

'Substitute' ~ The Who ~ Monterey Pop Festival 1967

-