Old 04-24-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Iconoclastic

Originally Posted by MJane91 View Post
Hi guys

Just been researching online about different views on non alcoholic beers and drinks like becks blue for instance for us recovering alcoholics.....

what are your views and thoughts?! Good or bad idea...?!

MJ x.x
Before I recovered the desire / temptation periodically returned, I avoided foods that had any amounts of alcohol beyond what was normal. In other words, many foods have trace amounts of alcohol, e.g. bread, orange juice, etc.

When I recovered, it involved a psychic change where the fear of desire / temptation returning no longer exist, and I was set free to experience Near Beer, O'doul's, but I don't particulatly like it, haven't had any that tasted like real beer. Haagen-Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream, ingredients… cream, skim milk, rum raisins (raisins, sugar, water, rum), sugar, egg yolks, rum. Martinelli’s Sparking Cider tastes like champagne and the sensation to my pallet / throat feels like champagne. Vanilla is 35% alcohol (70 proof) and I use it to make my organic coffee creamer every morning.

BTW, Recovered means for ME to be sober, recovery is abstinence hopefully on the path of sobriety.