View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Vet69

Thanks Brain for keeping track. Too busy with work and the house rehab to think about anything else. Everything here is chaos. I'm sitting on our living room king sofa and can't see the TV because our new 3 and one-half foot tall dining room table that belongs in our DINING ROOM is blocking my vision I can't see the TV.

My wife, who is a precise planner and totally organized is beside herself with the inherent hazards and disorganized environment of what is essentially a construction site. She directs all her frustration at me because- well- all the people involved in this disfunction are - well - men! They are doing a very good job which she has acknowledged. However, they are MEN! They don't put everything back where they found it and they always leave the toilet seat up.

I told her before that if we tried to live in the house while it was being completely rehabbed there would be hell to pay.

My 28 year old son watched all of this and I took the opportunity to make this a teaching moment when he asked me why I was being blamed. I told him I wasn't being blamed. I was simply a target to vent her frustration (ladies I will respond to your admonishments in the order that they are received). I told my son that in a marriage a man's mouth is an instrument that must be used with discretion and often operates most effectively when it remains shut.

If I were going to drink, now would be the time. I have to stay focused. That's a good thing.