View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CarmenLove

Originally Posted by Nowiamawas1026 View Post
Oh my god looking at a stranger is totally correct. I have come to not even know who this person is anymore. Part of me so wanted to believe it was his brain chemistry fighting it's way through 12 years of opiate addiction...but his symptoms didn't get better, they have gotten way worse over the last 3 months.

Another thing that bothers me is that I think I'm the only one who has been able to see the change in him. (Maybe this is just me being stupid) as an addict he's very good at putting on a good face to others, and with me, I see all the good, bad, and ugly.
His parents blamed me for his addiction. Denial at it's best folks. They first tried telling me that if me and him weren't fighting as much, he wouldn't have been taking pills. And then they also went so far as to blame my profession stating that he never would have got addicted if the dr didn't prescribe him pain meds for a broken ankle 12 years prior. That was the last time I spoke with them....

God you guys are awesome. It's like everything you guys are saying and have been through and experienced, is my ex and I to a tee.
Yup, same!

His parents and friends don't believe me, despite the fact that he was in hospital 6 months ago with kidney problems due to detoxing from heroin.

Here is what one of his friend's text me "I am happy with what he has told me" - WTF!!!!!

Are you people to ignorant.

Of course he is going to tell you whatever you want to hear. Urgh.

Nevermind that I am the non addicted one who was living with him. His wife who was telling them that this addict is using again - WHY DON'T THEY BELIEVE ME!

This seriously bugs me.

His parents also blamed me... apparently me being a bad wife caused that relapse then, however now he is all 'hunky dorey' again according to them.

Gosh, this stuff is hard to deal with.