Old 04-24-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Behan

Hi all,

I am being a bad boy in work and catching up with my weekender comrades/warriors! I hope everyone is having a great Friday so far.

Nearly home time. My brain is excited and all over the place.

Mrs B and I were at the hospital yesterday. We had one of those scans. It's still early days, but it appears that we will be joined by Junior B. Junior B should be here sometime in November in fact.

I don't mean to be too heavy with news. It is still not real to me and my emotions are shifting from numb, to panic, then back to numb, then joy.

I never would have even hoped for this possibility back when I was drinking. I would not have allowed it to happen. I did not even have hope that I could be in a long-term relationship, never mind looking after a child.

But I do have hope now. I am filled with hope that I will maintain my sobriety. Not just for me, but for Mrs B and Junior B when he/she arrives.

And I will be reaching out even more to my to my fellow SR weekend warriors for support, inspiration, and zany banter.

That's all from me for now. I need to get back to being numb and confused for a while.

All my best,

B