Old 04-24-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Aellyce

You know well what you can and should do to remain sober, Jeremy. They were discussed here on SR also many times with you. Like Della said, you have great resources available to you, but the resources unfortunately cannot do the work for you, you got to do it with the help. So, how to do it? Why not just follow suggestions and instructions without critiquing and rebelling. It's really not rocket science my friend: you just follow those things, get into the programs etc. If one is not enough, you add more. That's how it's done, Jeremy. From this thread again, I apologize for being direct as usually, but I feel you are getting into distractions and are manipulating people to support those distractions. You are starting another one of the same cycle. The cycle needs to be broken, not continued!

Why don't you tell us about what you are learning in outpatient treatment instead? Yeah I know you did a little bit yesterday in your other thread, but even that was composed in a way that was not truly supportive of your goals. There you said you put recovery first, before family and anything. Now you talk about your daughter again. See how all these things are interconnected? They cannot be tackled in a random order though and without steely determination and honest effort. You got to stay sober, medicated, and then you might get a chance to have your daughter back somewhere down the road. Not in any other way. Doing it "one day at a time" might be best for you, I agree with Dee and others.

I think it's clear what you need to do, and you have a variety of options to approach it. But you need to follow up and stick with it. Why don't you make an ongoing thread where you discuss what you do for your recovery each day, maybe multiple times? Instead of starting many. Or join the monthly class there and talk to people who are in a similar situation -- you might get a chance to receive continuous attention and also practice giving your attention to others in a consistent way. Develop focus. That's all I can say really. There is no magic in getting and staying sober, it's a process that requires commitment, follow-up, continuous effort, and getting the right kind of help. The first few months can be a rocky road and often unpleasant but once you pass that stage, everything starts to go more smoothly. You just never crossed that line yet, I think... never gave yourself a chance to experience the true benefits of sobriety.

I hope you feel better soon.