View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
nymets86

60, thanks for the kind words and sorry to hear you are struggling with boredom. Unfortunately for me, the drinking episode on Wednesday strengthened my resolve. Last night I got home from work at 6PM and had nothing to do all night. The mets had played a day game, the Rangers were off, and I didn't have much homework. If I hadn't screwed up and made the dumb decision to drink on Wednesday, I might have chosen to drink last night to erase the boredom.

But you know what? The boredom wasn't that bad. I found two YouTube channels that I found interesting (vsauce and veritasium) and educational and just watched a few hours of both, then went to bed early and set my alarm ahead by an hour since I plan on working out tonight rather than this morning.

So, all in all, I'm feeling a lot better today. Obviously bummed to be back on Day 2, but also relieved in a way that I didn't let a drinking episode devolve in to a full on relapse. To be honest, I was never one to like drinking on consecutive nights, but since I wasn't hungover yesterday, it would have been common for me to drink when I got home as early as 6PM.

Happy Friday everyone!