View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Oclaf

You will always hear stories with a lower bottom then yours and stories that don't come close to yours. I have a hard time relating to people myself and it took a long time to change my perception of things. I think that was the biggest challenge for myself was to change my perception of things. Example I would text a girl and she would reply for awhile and eventually she would not reply and my thoughts would develop that "she didn't reply because I'm ugly". Which was an unrealistic view towards myself when there could be a huge number of reasons for her not replying. My addicted thinking put a negative spin on it. Another example would be after sharing at a meeting a few people laughed. I assumed that they were making fun of my life experiences. Which again was a negative spin from my own mind that was completely unrealistic. I've learned that one of the most harmful questions for me is why? Your experiences give you weight and depth making it possible to reach those who have been where you are through empathy. Im sure you could help a lot of people!