Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
alphaomega
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

In regards to sharing and feeling like it's a plea for sympathy. I so understand that. I have always tried to shoulder my load in that I know damn well others have it much worse than me, so what am I yammering on about, right ? Just buck up and deal with it soldier !

Except...

I have learned, the most about MYSELF, by listening to others struggles here. There is a certain fearlessness that comes from the raw vulnerability of being willing to put it all out there. You know, the whole, we are only as sick as our secrets thing ?

And in others doing just that, I have found, sharing my stories has done a few things. 1. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone. 2. It might help another and 3. It feels so good to let go of some of the weight of our burdens.

I read something today - it really impacted me. I hope it offers you some solace.

I want you to know that people are all blood and skin and soul and story. You are neither superior, nor inferior to anyone. You are traipsing through the same exact woods as the rest of humanity, you are caught in the same weather. Everyone has been maimed by the iron teeth of tragedy at some point in their lives.

If people are not limping, they are lying.

Congrats on 5 days.