SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Narcissistic
Thread: Narcissistic
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Narcissistic

Went to my counselling appointment today, and was told that I am narcissistic, the doctor asked me in recovery where do I see my place in my family ( he said that I say I care so much about) I told him I felt like recovery for me comes first then family.

He said, " they aren't independent entities" I don't know that I agree. I think in a way they are still seperate. I am not surprised by being called narcissistic, I know I am. However, I've always felt that first comes recovery then family. I mean what active role can I play in a family if I am not sober?

He also wanted to talk about my family that I had when I grew up. My education, my experiences, my friends. Everything I shared was very uncomfortable for me, I told him so. I even got a bit paranoid
( normal for me) and couldn't help think what does that all have to do with being sober? I know he's just trying to build a vision or image of me, and get a understanding for me. I was just put into a place of vulnerability I don't normally like to be in.

Hope everyones day is going well, thanks for reading.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thatdeliveryguy For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-23-2015)