View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by hopenlove15 View Post
I haven't been on here for awhile, but since I last was on I've completely detached myself from my now Ex drug addict boyfriend. When I thought things couldn't get worst they have. I kicked him out of my house about 2 months ago, but have cut all communication in the last month bc he started hanging out with sketchy people and hanging out with a girl that has threatened me and broken my mailbox and later vandalizing my house to the point that I was too scared to stay there. This has been the hardest months of my life, but as much as I'm hurt, I still love him and it just breaks my heart that he is in such a horrible place. Ever since he got into meth it has turned his life upside down. I have finally detached myself and I have surrendered to his addictions and I'm now leaving it up to God. I can't let it break me anymore and ruin my life too. Today, I got the call and he was arrested and in jail for possession and sales. No one is bailing him out in hopes that this will be his wake up call. This has been so awful and a horrible nightmare to live. I miss the man that was my best friend and partner in life. I know him Going to jail might be a good thing, but it still hurts to know that this is the reality of what is going on. I Just hope that he can get his life together and realize the destruction his addiction has caused his life and mine. I feel severely victimized by his addictions n I feel like I don't even know who he is anymore.
Well, you can choose not to be victimized.

I get it. You're hurt, and you still love him. But being someone's victim is ultimately a choice. And by stepping back and detaching, you're slowly taking your power back.

Just keep doing the right things, and before you know it, you won't feel like his victim anymore. Trust me on this.