Thread: Job
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

This is going around so much in my life right now.... I have felt this way for over 15 years. I have a very good salary. I have great benefits. I have a lot of things to be grateful about with my career - and I loathe it.

All around me are people who feel similarly. I feel like there must be more. I feel like I don't want to spend my cherished, limited time on this physical plane by spending most of my waking hours at this soul-draining job.

I have spent years rationalizing 'yeah but look at all it does to support your life'. Yet all that seems to do is contribute to keeping me trapped in it.

The trap is that 15+ years into it.... with child support and a mortgage and a family to support and health care to pay for.... how on earth can I even change?

So far, my current track is to focus on nurturing my soul needs outside of work more. Trying to make room in my day to meditate. Taking a walk in the woods. Going running. Finding ways to do more meaningful things with my time in service to others - outside of work.

One day, I hope I am able to align the objectives of "making a living" and "Making a difference".

For now.... I continue to ask for guidance.