View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Findingtheway

3 1/2 months sober...Feeling...TIRED.

So i'm happy to say i'm 3 and a half months sober as of yesterday...So today makes 106 consecutive sober days.

That didn't happen on my own. I have to thank AA, my sponsor, my girlfriend, my family and of course you guys & gals here on SR as well!

What's happening with me lately...Is i'm TIRED all the time it seems.

I get up and go to work...Thankful i still have my employment. I'm active in AA meetings...And just last weekend i joined a home-group and will be shaking hands this coming Saturday as my first *commitment*

Still at the end of the day...I find myself absolutely beat. Exhausted.

This is what is keeping me sober i know it...And i don't resent all the effort and things i have in place now. Honestly i embrace them. They have given me a much more stable life.

Life has continued to happen as it will. And i'm trying to keep things in balance. Thoughts of returning to drink have popped up here and there.

But when they do...They DO NOT scare me. Because i talk about them.
I accept that i'll likely have thoughts of this nature the rest of my life.

It's the ACTION that we take that matters. I'm in daily contact with my AA support and it's helping. ALOT.

Time for an afternoon coffee...I can feel myself tired AGAIN here at my desk...But there are things to do. Life continues and i'm glad to be here and sober and actually feel apart of it again.

Thanks for reading. Have a safe and sober 24 hours everyone.